691.76, that was the combined mileage run on treadmills by Philip Smith, Warren Mauger, Abi Schofield, Robert Young and Adam Holland on the 4th, 5th and 6th September 2015.
Philip, Warren, Abi, Robert and Adam went through hell in September 2015 so others don’t have to. The challenge was to run for 48 hours, aiming to break Great British and World Records as the challenge went on. This was an individual challenge on a huge scale, pushing bodies and minds to the limit and probably even further than they had ever been pushed before.
It was a life changing weekend for so many people and a number of British and World Treadmills Records were broken across the 48 hours. The support from the Guernsey community was, yet again, mind blowing and inspired each runner to push even harder and run further.
The money raised across the weekend was split across four brilliant charities.
This Is EPIC – Working to end poverty for individuals and communities in a sustainable way.
The HUB – Providing a safe place for young people in Guernsey to get advice & support.
NSPCC – Helping children who’ve been abused to rebuild their lives.
Dreams Come True – On a mission to bring joy to seriously ill children and young people.
Details of the distances and records are below.
Philip Smith: 131 miles
Warren Mauger: 118 miles
Robert Young: 147 miles
Abi Schofield: 111.9 miles
Adam Holland: 183.86 miles
World Records Broken
- Adam Holland broke the world record for the men’s half marathon by 22 seconds in 1 hour, 10 minutes and 20 seconds.
- Abi Schofield broke the world record for the women’s marathon on a treadmill in 4 hours 6 minutes 2 seconds.
- Adam Holland broke the World Record for 50 miles, running it in 5 hours 51 minutes and 41 seconds. (beat the current WR by 5mins 50 secs)
- Adam Holland broke the 6 hour World Record (distance to be confirmed)
British Records Broken
- Adam Holland and Robert Young broke the British Record for 12 hours by running 79.06 miles (current record 65.4)
- Abi Schofield broke the woman’s British Record for the Half-marathon on a treadmill by 9 seconds, running it in 1 hour 33 minutes and 52 seconds.
- Adam Holland broke the GB record for 48 hours on a treadmill by 1.86 miles, now at 183.86 miles.
- Abi Schofield broke the woman’s GB treadmill 24 hour record by running over 77 miles.
- 4 of the top 6 in GB treadmill distances in 48 hours now include 4 of the EPIC48 runners, Adam in 1st, Robert in 4th, Philip in 5th and Warren in 6th.
- Adam’s 12 hour distance puts him 10th in the world overall for 12 hours on a treadmill
- Adam’s 48 hour distance puts him 8th in the world overall for 48 hours on a treadmill
- Roberts 48 hour distance puts him 12th in the world overall for 48 hours on a treadmill
- Philips 48 hour distance puts him 15th in the world overall for 48 hours on a treadmill
- Warrens 48 hour distance puts him 16th in the world overall for 48 hours on a treadmill
- Abi’s 48 hour distance puts her 5th in the world overall for 48 hours on a treadmill
- Abi’s 48 hour distance puts her 3rd in Great Britain overall for 48 hours on a treadmill